Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have both 2009 and 2010 Focuses (Foci?). I live in a state which doesn't require a front license plate. My daughter is going to college, and will be taking the 2009 Focus with her (actually the nicer one, it has only about 30K miles), and she wants to put a front "plate" on it with her college logo.

The problem is, it doesn't have the screws, which is not hard to fix, I can buy some, but I don't know where to screw them into the blank bumper so that they'll screw into whatever is behind the plastic that they're supposed to screw into. (the 2010 did have the screws when I bought it, but the bumper was replaced, so I no longer have that as a guide).

Anyone have any idea if there's a template or measurements or a description of how to do this? I suppose I could visit a used car lot and find one with the screws and photograph it if I have to.

Thanks!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
For just going into the plastic bumper cover there are nice expanding plastic anchors & license plate screw sets available (Generic).

Square inserts that expand more when the special license plate screws (wide flat head) are used in them. I'd drill the holes & file them out more square to fit, this way you have a replaceable universal holder for std. plate screws rather than just screwing into the bumper.

Same style is used in metal license frames so you can screw the plate on without holding a nut from behind.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just my opinion, but once you do this you can't undo it. Just put a sticker on the window. My car was bought in a front-plate state and now I live in one that isn't. I still haven't gotten around to filling in and painting the two holes I now have on my front bumper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts