Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a place where i can get my OEM flywheel resurfaced? Im in La Puente 91744... thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
There is a place right off Amar and Graycliff. I believe its Valinda Auto.
They charge about $20 I think. They do an alright job. I usually always go there if im not replacing the flywheel.

I live right around the corner so.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a place right off Amar and Graycliff. I believe its Valinda Auto.
They charge about $20 I think. They do an alright job. I usually always go there if im not replacing the flywheel.

I live right around the corner so.
Thanks Eddy! I'll give them a call later on today.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dual mass, I think if im not mistaken your talking about like the ones with Dual deck-heights and/or dual-layers? If so then yes.

Light-weight, I dont know about on Focuses, but some people develope a lot of chatter with one. Not so streetable.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dual mass, I think if im not mistaken your talking about like the ones with Dual deck-heights and/or dual-layers? If so then yes.

Light-weight, I dont know about on Focuses, but some people develope a lot of chatter with one. Not so streetable.
My Exedy Stg 2 chatters, doesn't bother me. [dunno]

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a ClutchMasters and it chatters in neutral if i let the clutch out quickly, but it is quiet if i let the pedal out slowly. and it doesn't make it any less streetable

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my car already shakes because of the mounts.. plus I just feel the need for a lighter flywheel. Im gonna resurface the flywheel and change the clutch to OEM..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thats kew. Yeah I went to a Stage 1 SPEC clutch on my DD and the first one went out in 3 months. Bought another one from them and went out in a month. called SPEC and they Claimed I installed it wrong! Avert spending $600+ on them I opted up and bought a Corvette Clutch, Pressure plate and Flywheel system. Installed it and never looked back. Soft as a feather and Holds 500HP. Its about 4Lbs heavier than the stock one but thats alright! Its my only car, And I will not settle for clutch chatter, Its way to much on a V8.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Rick serioulsy dont resurface the dualmass flywheel!

get a luk rep set!

i dont want you to have to do it all over again like me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts