Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my car for about 2 years now and the center console has no tension, it is loose to flip up and down. my 01 had good tension and stayed where you put it.

so i am wondering where i can get the whole assembly from the pouch to the mounting bracket, it all comes off with 2 or 4 screws so i would imagine it would all be the same piece.

·
Registered
271 Posts
you can, try e-bay or as 02fordsvt mentioned a salvage yard.
and there's three bolts that hold the center console in, two in the front under the rubber cup holders and one in the back portion where the two back cup holders are located.
here's a link that's shows how to remove it, pictures included, it helped me out a lot when i changed my e-brake out with the svt one.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78498

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I have taken the piece apart a few times but the hard part is my car had black interior and every damn focus in the salvage yard has grey. Lol
Wish I could get one from a stealership! Lol

Sent from my Blackberry with Tapatalk

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Just an idea but you can always paint it. I always like the look of painted black trim pieces over black plastic and sun glare shouldn't be much of a problem down there.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There's actually a tsb for this, to replace the pin that swivels the armrest...call the dealer and see if u can get the part, I work at ford but I replaced the pin and spent less than $20 and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's actually a tsb for this, to replace the pin that swivels the armrest...call the dealer and see if u can get the part, I work at ford but I replaced the pin and spent less than $20 and it works fine.
really? ill swing my ford dealer and see what they say, thanks for the heads up man

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohh and i upped your rep points, lol.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
yeah rep points :) lol just trying to help bro, i found the tsb online at my job and i was like...ohhh sh-t haha see how much their gonna charge for it or go to parts and just tell them you need the pin for the armrest, or pm me and ill send u the part number

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah to reiterate what 05 said there was recall on this. I got mine replaced but it still kind of sucked. I was able to take a small spring and set it behind the armrest latch. You couldn't even see that it wasn't supposed to be there and it work 10 times better after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts