Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A switched ignition live wire? Either under the hood or in the cabin? I know some go live when the car is unlocked but they are no use, it has to be an ignition live.

One that doesn't have a huge amount of load would be good aswell. If I can figure this out I may find a way of wiring the projector euro headlights to work with only a couple of wires added...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
190 Posts
I forgot which empty fuse I used for my LED DRL's, but just use a voltmeter and find a dead slot, then turn on the key and see if you have power.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot which empty fuse I used for my LED DRL's, but just use a voltmeter and find a dead slot, then turn on the key and see if you have power.
Brilliant thanks. Is it the one under the hood or behind the glovebox? How did you attach the wire? Sounds a good way of doing it

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
190 Posts
I used a solderless spade tongue and just plugged it into the empty fuse slot in the panel under the hood. Now that I have reveled my dirty secrets, I do not suggest this for all applications. My DRL’s draw very few amps, way lower than what the fuse was rated for, and I felt there would be no way of shorting out the fuse panel. Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. It's only to run a switch, there will be very little load coming through.

Thanks again.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts