Focus Fanatics Forum banner

WHERE CAN I FIND A ZETEC INTAKE MANIFOLD, SELL TO ME PLZ PLZ PLZ

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
I’ve been searching for an aftermarket intake manifold for the past few weeks with little to no leads and when I’ve found anything at all they’re all $700 plus which is not worth the small power gain, does anyone have a single piece Y2K intake or maybe an aftermarket one you’re willing to part with due to lack of use? Would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Hopefully someone has one. My ported 00’ mani went on my wagon. The only one I have laying around is an 03 manifold, but it may be ported in the runners and at the TB hole. I’m not sure so I’d have to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Design

Here’s a flow chart for all you gents out there. I’d take an extra hour or so to port the 00’ manifold and get a little better flow on it.

I was told the countour manifold was also a good swap because it was a smooth runner, and it had no EGR, so you didn’t need to delete it. The TB opening was a bit larger as well.

#7 ·
View attachment 309679
Here’s a flow chart for all you gents out there. I’d take an extra hour or so to port the 00’ manifold and get a little better flow on it.

I was told the countour manifold was also a good swap because it was a smooth runner, and it had no EGR, so you didn’t need to delete it. The TB opening was a bit larger as well.

Flow charts are great if done properly , now put that intake on a Zetec head with Valves in it , A TB on on the intake manifold it connected to the intake and air filter and come back with the results like I have done , there not worth changing and you can put 5 gallon intake runners on the Intake the head will only flow so much , there are many places to gain more performance then swapping the intake for a early one

The Contour Intake you will have a lot of issues getting it to work on the Focus , I have been through all this guys , no one has tested more on a Dyno on the Focus then I have , I have my own DynoJet , Flow Bench , Machine shop

Tom

#19 ·
There are a lot of things you will spend to build NA that wont help or work with adding boost , you need to decide what way you want to go , the smooth Intake will do nothing for boost and dont waste your money on things like Coil , UDP , costly wires , Spk Plugs

Start with a Tune , I offer a great Custom Tune , Motorcraft SP463 Plugs , 180 thermostat

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.