Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says. I'm looking to get a black grill for my '05 ZX3, but so far I havent seen anything for the '05 or '06 models. I have seen plenty of grills for the '00 - '04 cars, but no luck for my car.

can anyone throw me a lifeline or two?

·
Registered
759 Posts
use the search function...

·
Registered
415 Posts
There are no grilles for the 05 you either paint the stocker with paint over the crome or get the ST grill and paint it. OR get SAP and have a grill that isnt ugly

·
Registered
759 Posts
yellowjacketfocus said:
nice answer. thats for the help..... [rolleyes]
this IS the fastest way to get an answer

·
Registered
383 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
There are no grilles for the 05 you either paint the stocker with paint over the crome or get the ST grill and paint it. OR get SAP and have a grill that isnt ugly
If you want a completely black front grill, you can buy the black ST grill, and swap out the "mesh" with your stock one.

The SAP is a whole bumper, but I do agree it looks better than the factory mesh grille. [:D]

·
Registered
471 Posts
call up your local ford parts shop and ask for the ST grille part number in black, or the available color of any ST car, doesn't matter. They will provide you with the exact number. Then go to www.fordparts.com and enter the part number. The price is 50 dollars on the site I beleive, it's been a while. But you will deffinately get a big saving over ordering directly from the dealership. If you do a search you might even find the part number for black, because I did post it in a forum. Getting color matched would probably look the best.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just head down to the autoparts store, get a spray can of duracolor black and clearcoat, some masking tape, fine grit sandpaper and some prep solution or a few of those duracolor prep wipes and make yourself a black grill. That'll cost you all of $15 instead of the cost of a whole new grill.

I blacked out the mesh on mine and it looks great.

·
Registered
415 Posts
fiendno1 said:
There is one on amazon.
click here
thats a OEM grill with the badge removed AKA not aftermarket. Only true aftermarket grill is steeda's billet one but if you put that on your car I will personally beat you with the grill after I come up there to remove it because its so ugly gaudy and just ehhhhh. Dont go there!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
dannybohhy said:
this IS the fastest way to get an answer
or maybe it isnt? could have just given an answer....anyways, I would just paint it yourself, take your time and it will look great. [thumb]

·
Registered
90 Posts
wow my mesh is already black? Thought they all where? I was just going to buy the ST one in black. but Ford wanted like $350 for it!

Jake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts