Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got like three or four sets I got one pair on the dash not mounted one pair in the rear quarters and a set of horns not mounted I'm thinking about moving the set on the dash to the doors right by the door handles

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm not putting them anywhere because I don't care for fancy stereos.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
here is where I put mine, upper door panel between the door handle and the mirror.

with a little more work (maybe never) they will blend in.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
i wanna run components. Oh well, Im not worried about audio for this car but I'll tell you what, I've had some ridiculous systems in my pass . All i have are JL audio coaxial speakers all around.

Where ST has his tweeters is the most likely i would install my tweeters.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I am gonna get either Alpine Type R Components or Focal's not sure yet, I dont like a lot of bass so no subs at all.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Those would be sweet, I'm just running some low cost Pioneer 5-1/4 components. They are rated 2-25w rms so I could run them clean without an amp.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
If i was to run a system in my foci it would consist of running Infinity Components running on a 4 channel 100w RMS x 4 @ 2 ohm on a rockford Power amp and for lows I'd use a Punch series "P3" subwoofer in a sealed box.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
those would be nice as well, I was on a tight budget and ended up doing my whole system for about $900. I got all my parts from Sonic Electronicx, they have great prices and a great selection.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
For a system build I trust more of rockfords amp and Power series subs. For speakers I go for Infinity comps or Alpine comps

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I running an Infinity kappa 120.9W (sub) on a 300w RMS amp, not a bad budget setup at all, but yah if I had the money who knows, it would be way nicer. in all I got a really nice setup for the money. I look forward to seeing what you guys run. Infinity make some nice stuff, but there out of my price range.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was an all mmats man then i ran out of money my last project which was my trans am which obviously i dont have anymore LOL so now I'm running all kicker and their mids and highs are crystal clear and I love them...I did have a problem with the infinity tweeters I kept on blowing them up. I dont like bass to overpower the mids and hghs for obvious reasons LOL.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I always go all JL now. Sure you have all the people who say "yeah jl is just overpriced audio equipment" but then when they got in my car and my subs were only 500 rms watts each and i was only giving them half that 250rms to each sub they shut up because they hit so hard they couldnt talk shit haha you pay for quality and i laugh upon all these guys now a days that say " how many watts is yo subs" first off please speak properly and second only getting about 250 watts each(= lmfao!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Sorry got a little off topic lol but Jl and Focal compnents are the best you can get. infinity is right behind them(=

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry got a little off topic lol but Jl and Focal compnents are the best you can get. infinity is right behind them(=
opinions are like [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s, everyones got one. there are so many decent companies to choose from anymore. even at the entry level to the all out competition stuff. just set your self a budget and do your research on the product based on reviews and such. but for entry level polk db, pioneer, infinity reference, and even dd audio or RE audio makes good components at a good price.

·
Registered
395 Posts
here is where I put mine, upper door panel between the door handle and the mirror.

with a little more work (maybe never) they will blend in.
That's where I put mine as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts