Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing the PCV delete i have a vacuum leak somewhere my idle is kinda high. Ive done the 200 mile relearn thing after resetting the ECU.

I didnt replace all the gaskets when i had it apart, i probably should of but they didnt look that bad. The brake booster doesnt seem like its all that tight but it really never did from the begining.

Anyone else had to hunt down a vacuum leak on this engine?

The PCV delete couldnt cause a vacuum leak could it?

I was going to use a small propane tank like for soldering water lines and hook a small flexable hose to it and use it to poke around some spots i think might be leaking to try and pinpoint where its at.

Is there a diagram somewhere that points out all the vac lines?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Get yourself a can of carb cleaner. It works just as well as propane for pinpointing vacuum leaks.

Depending on how many miles is on your car I would have replaced the intake gasket at very least. I had my manifold off (87000 miles) and the intake gasket was not reusable. I got new intake manifold gaskets, a throttle body gasket, and IACV gasket just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get yourself a can of carb cleaner. It works just as well as propane for pinpointing vacuum leaks.

Depending on how many miles is on your car I would have replaced the intake gasket at very least. I had my manifold off (87000 miles) and the intake gasket was not reusable. I got new intake manifold gaskets, a throttle body gasket, and IACV gasket just to be safe.
Did it come as a set? what did they run you?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i want to replace ALL of my vacuum lines. I dont really like those stupid clips. I wish the lines were hoses insted of plastic pre shaped lines. IMO thats not a good design. They just dont flex enough when you need to take them off or move them. I think they will eventually crack and split.

Alot of the lines that are plastic that could crack and split have wire looms over them which can cover cracks which isnt good IMO either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts