Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the best grounding points in the Focus? I am installing 12" CCFL under the seats. An xbox with an inverter. LEDs in the vents. 12" CCFL in the trunk. So where are the best grounding points:

1. Behind the glove box.
2. Next to the fuse box.
3. Under the drivers seat.
4. Under the passenger seat.
5. In the trunk.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
all of that can be tapped from the upper right hand screw that's grounded to the fuse box under the steering column.

I think it's a 8 or 10 mm screw.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do I have to run a ground wire to all those points. i.e. seat, trunk, glove box? I thought I would ground them locally.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i used a factory groungd point under the hood to ground the relay i used on my fog lights

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You can always ground directly to the body as long as you sand the paint away for direct contact to the metal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used the bolt that holds the right rear seat belt in, I think it has a #40 torx head on it, and of course sanded down all the paint covered metal. That bolt actually threads down in to the subframe for safety purposes and thus is a great grounding point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
steviedon said:
I used the bolt that holds the right rear seat belt in, I think it has a #40 torx head on it, and of course sanded down all the paint covered metal. That bolt actually threads down in to the subframe for safety purposes and thus is a great grounding point.
That's where my big amp is grounded. i need to get a longer grnd cable though, so i can lay the seat all the way down if i want. Other then that, it is a great grounding point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts