Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the spark plugs in my 01 focus are supposed to be changed at 100,000miles... or sooner?

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
If you're not noticing any problems with ignition I wouldn't worry about it too much. I changed mine recently, along with the wires, at about 60k because my idle was pretty rough and it would skip at like 3.5k RPM. It fixed the problem. I'd say probably around 60k miles, it wouldn't hurt since they are fairly cheap.

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
ya they are pretty cheap. if you think they should be changed its probably the right time. Its really cheap maintenance.

·
Registered
713 Posts
yea i'd say every 60k miles is a good idea...fairly cheap to do. i took mine out at 120,000 km's ( whatever that is in miles 70k? ) and they were pooched.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i'll be interested to see what the garage has to say about my no start issues. I think its the fuel pump, but when i get the car back i'm gonna do the plugs and wires right away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone have any problems getting their boot off of the plug?? i couldnt change mine because of this. or are then any tricks i can do?

·
Registered
713 Posts
yea mine were on there pretty good...just grip the boot firmly and twist it clockwise then counter-clockwise repeatedly while pulling...it'll come off alot easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts