Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well its debatable if and when. doubtedly it will ever make it here, you can get them at european-parts.net though, look for the ST170

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
when our country changes our ways with crash testing...which won't happen. so you will never see them here legally

·
Registered
793 Posts
Im sure the '05 year focus will look somewhat different, im not sure how though just yet, im sure we'll all see = )

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
look at the new Taurus, the bumper looks very similar to the ST170, IMO

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
um that pic of the Focus looks just like the Foci i saw in Scotland a year ago

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yes seeing as how Scotland is part of the UK, correct me if im wrong, they got the face lifted foci, and the ST170 there

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
every continent except North America gets the ST170 style front bumper. Obviously, we can get the ST170 bumper through European-Parts, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, unfortunately we wont be getting the RS; and for a couple of reasons:

1. Ford ( in my opinon ) has very poor marketing skills. At least in North America. For the most part Ford feels that we don't have the demand for this kind of vehicle when in fact right now the market is itching for more high performance compacts like the SRT-4, EVO, and STi. Now if everything works out correctly maybe Ford will realize that we need a performance sport compact and we need one NOW [:(]

2. Althought the RS was a big hit in europe, it has been discontinued for now. Ford only set out to produce about 4000 RS Foci when in fact they produced 4001. Hopefully a new version will be created and we can look forward to that.

3. You could more than likely import a Focus RS but not only would there be paperwork coming out of your nose, it would more than likely cost you almost $100,000 USD to get one imported because of the cost on shipping; and don't expect UPS to show up with one in a box either. You would have to send it on an ocean going vessel to get that over here.

So in the long run the, only way will will ever see an RS is in a picture or to buy some of the parts from it.

Nick

·
Registered
71 Posts
maybe the truck driver will get lost come by my house and ask me for directions. at that time i will pay him to swap cars on the truck or buy one off him :D

maybe fords truck drivers would like some bacardi silver ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
as sascha said ford didnt discontinue the RS they only ever set out to do a limited production run, because of the high demand in the UK the focus RS are fetching more money used than when they were new, i,m waiting until the focus cosworth comes out (if it ever does) before i part with any hard earned cash. cheers nomad

1 - 20 of 27 Posts