Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after it runs towards the passengerside fender and seemingly back behind the firewall, where do i disconnect it from to remove it cleanly? do i need to take the fender off to get at it, or just behind the glove box?

·
Registered
220 Posts
That is alot to pull but just slowly trace it and pull or tug on some of the wires youll find out. If you need more help PM with your VIN and ill get you step by step directions.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i see where it ends in the engine bay and dissapears behind some insulation/sound deadener stuff, but does it go stright through the firewall or around through the fender and then into the car somwhere? id rather pull stuff off and look than just pull on stuff

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks thats what i wanted to know[thumb]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah it just runs through a rubber grommit into the car, guess ive got to disconnect it from the ECU side and pull that through

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you're talking about the ECU harness, it goes all the way to the fuel tank area...it runs to the pump driver module under the rear seat, the tank pump and the evap stuff under the car. It's kinda fun...LOL...I've done a couple of them.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im talking about the harness thats on the engine that contains the ignition coil plug, MAF plug, DPFE plug, etc, etc. does it run to the ECU AND to all those places?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
turbo joe said:
If you're talking about the ECU harness, it goes all the way to the fuel tank area...it runs to the pump driver module under the rear seat, the tank pump and the evap stuff under the car. It's kinda fun...LOL...I've done a couple of them.
Holy crappy advice... I'm sorry I was wrong MOFO. It's probably the difference between a 2005 and earlier Foci, or I'm thinking that the ECU harness would be treated the same as the power harness on the other side.

Ford made it hard, as usual, I don't see why they don't put the computer under the hood like Chrysler.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im ok w/ the ecu in the glovebox, but it would make sence to me if they made a few more stopping points in it. thanks Joe guess i got some more work to do hah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts