Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 2014 Focus SE hatch with the appearance package. That comes with the darker grey 17" wheels. I love the look of them but they still look stock, and they are very narrow/sit narrower to the fenders. The car will be lowered at least an inch at some point and I want a matte black wheel that will sit flush with the fender. I was thinking a 8" or 8.5" wide wheel with a little less offset to give it a tad bit wider stance. The car will get an ST front facia, as well as a revamped st wing. Attached is a photo of the stance I would like to achieve, maybe a tad bit wider fitment with the wheels to the fenders. I was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions on wheels. Any input is appreciated!

Zach

Attachments

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Not sure what they are but I like the ones shown in the picture.

Try looking around at tirerack.com and see if they have any wheels that you like and that have the size specs your looking for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked on tirerack, (that's where i found the bolt pattern 5-108, 6" backspacing, and stock being 7.5" wide). Unfortunately, tirerack only works closely to those sizes and you can't change any, which creates an issue when you're looking for wheels an extra inch wider(or more).

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Wheels & Tires section where you can find more info/get some more responses on alternate sizes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not looking for those specific wheels, just want some good ideas for wider wheels and where to find them. Minimal luck with any 17" wider than 7.5"

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I'm not looking for those specific wheels, just want some good ideas for wider wheels and where to find them. Minimal luck with any 17" wider than 7.5"
whats your budget? Lots of customization in the higher market. Out of the box wheels, you will be limited.

Team Dynamics can get 17x8 and probably a couple of choices for offset

·
Registered
459 Posts
For tire rack, try searching on Volvo - they run a 5x108, and search the threads, a couple guys have factory Volvo wheels on their Foci, and they look good.

Discounts website had a few 17x8s, but I don't think you'll find 8.5 unless you step up in size (18s or 19s).
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...NT&bp=5-108*5-4.25&wd=17&rw=&c=2&fl=&fqs=true

Springs wise, Eibach sportlines go lowest (1.5+, I think...), I run Vogtlands (1.4" drop, great ride quality), and Steedas and Eibach Prokits go about 1".

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I currently have the dark grey painted version. Same design, but not black and machined. Just grey. I think i'll just get the advanti 17×7.5.. They look good, stick out a tad bit more as well.O.Z. has some light 8" but they are ugly(IMHO) and $100per wheel more than the advantis.. I've decided to keep the mods to minimum, save money, spend what free time i have with friends and family. The race car takes enough time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts