Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you running aftermarket wheels on an '08 or '09 di dyou just sue the stock pressure sensors or did you buy new ones?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
honestly i wouldnt use them at all. it can cost you more money to have tires put on. besides everyone knows when their tire is low.. its not a hard to tell..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i'm not worriedf about the actual pressure in the tire but I don't want a light to be on all the time I would liek to know of a proper way of diabling it without pulling a fuse or anything of that sort.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
ford may be willing to do it for a fee. If not you could always get a tunerand disable it im sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 17 inch dark agent euro wheels & my light has been on since the day i installed them. i swap out my stock tires & rims for the winter time. i just put a piece of black tape overneath the dashboard light. problems solved :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I checked my tire pressure for the first time yesterday. 6K miles but, the dealer had put Nitrogen in them (supposed to be more stable and not lose pressure as rapidly). One front tire had 26 PSI, the other 28 PSI. The rears had 29 PSI each. All are supposed to have 34 PSI. I don't know what PSI triggers the pressure sensors but, I do know that 26 PSI should have done it! As far as I'm concerned, they're a joke!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts