Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes call me crazy but I don't think it's a bad idea finding rotors will be easy enough.

I want to attempt to change the bolt pattern on the hub from 4x108 to 4x100

I think with a drill press and some exhausting measurements this shouldn't be that hard or unsafe

I bought a pair of wheels they're 4x100 and some other mystery pattern

I mentioned a drill press but I probably wont be able to use one unless I remove the hub which is a PITA without a hydraulic press

but still determined I am. I will probably center the hub then use some sort of diy tool to draw a circle on the hubs and then with a caliper tool measure exactly the distance stud to stud for each new one.

has anyone re-drilled their hubs? I see there's a ready-made tool for this but it cost $275! that's more than the used enkeis I just bought!

hope links are ok here's the tool

as expensive as it is though I won't have to remove the hubs or anything just a very steady hand and a low speed drill. is there another cheaper tool for this? (darned 5 lugs get cheap tools!) cause I haven't seen one

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
It has been done. There's a guy that does the service and makes a jig to drill rotors that he will sell you so you can just buy the Focus rotors and redrill them each time you replace them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did exactly what you want. I re-drilled mine out to 4 on 100mm but left the original pattern so they are dual drilled. I did mine with a simple drill press and some hand tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts