Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 4 door SES and I was thinking about putting a small spacer on the back to get the wheels flush with the body. has anyone done this?

are the wheels hubcentric and is it "safe" to do this? I have been told spacers reduce the mounting surface on hubcentric wheels and that can lead to unsafe conditions.

plz help me out.

cheers

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
A small spacer (less than 5mm,) you shouldnt have any real concerns. The general opinion is less than 5mm and you should be ok. Anything above that and you at least need extended studs. Of course buy a reputable brand no mater what route you go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, I was thinking like a 10mm, mainly b/c 5mm doesn't seem like it would do much in terms of visuals. but if I have to get longer studs it might not be worth doing...

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
ok thanks, I was thinking like a 10mm, mainly b/c 5mm doesn't seem like it would do much in terms of visuals. but if I have to get longer studs it might not be worth doing...
Just remember, anything worth doing is worth doing right. Yeah, the extended studs really are needed for a 10mm. Luckily our cars only need 4 studs a corner lol, better than needing 5.

You could always go 5mm and see how it fits. If you dont think it made much of a difference; sell them or use them on the front and buy 10mm spacers for the rear.

You could also do a test fit doubling up the two 5mm spacers on one corner to see what 10mm would look like. Dont drive around like that but step back and see how it looks cosmetically.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have 5mm on my fronts right now and I plan on getting 20mm for the rear to get them flush with the fenders. I'd highly recommend getting H&R Trak+ spacers. They all come with extended studs, even the 5mm kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts