Votes: 1 2.9%
  • dub's

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one for big flashy rims, I personally perfer performance. But I was recently given a great deal on some larger rims. What is the largest size rim that can go on without well-rub on an o6 se w/ sap? IF I do go big, I might just turn the street focus into a show car.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Stock 16s for me. Probably will stay that way.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I would stick with 17's personally to maintain a decent ride quality and to prevent rubbing depending on the offset if you plan on lowering your car. You can go 18's, but I would stick to 17 imch wheels.

·
Registered
244 Posts
dont mean to hijack ur thread but will 18's w/ a 1.5 inch drop n 215/40/r18 tires rub? i really need to find this out soon b/c i need to order the rims if they wont rub.

n i have a sedan, if that matters

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I can't vote for two? 16s for the track and 17s for the street.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stock for now but am looking for 17's in the near future. You'll need to be carefull of wheel speed if you have ABS I believe. a good site it 1010tire.com it has a good calculator to help with tire size and overall height issues.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I vote 17 inchers

·
Banned
503 Posts
cant go wrong with 17's with a drop and good offset

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone with a zx3 and a 2 inch drop with 17" wheels notice any rubbing at all? The reason I am asking is because I have recently been hearing funny noises from my back wheels almost like a grinding type sound, but in steady spurts everytime the wheel rotates... kinda like a: Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump, not really constant grinding just in little spurts. lol Does this makes sense at all?! [dunno]

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
17's for cruising the streets & 15's for racing[:D] [race]

·
Registered
341 Posts
bigb620 said:
Does anyone with a zx3 and a 2 inch drop with 17" wheels notice any rubbing at all? The reason I am asking is because I have recently been hearing funny noises from my back wheels almost like a grinding type sound, but in steady spurts everytime the wheel rotates... kinda like a: Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump, not really constant grinding just in little spurts. lol Does this makes sense at all?! [dunno]
I experianced this once after a tire rotation. They didn't tighten the lugs enough dunno maybe huh?

Oh 17's all the way (imho)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Can you say "Bell Curve"?

17's really are a great compromise between all factors.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The Grim Racer said:
What is the largest rim avail. with out any wheel rub? 19's?

there is a focus in our town rolling on 20's and a big ol dub 20 logo on the side. of course he has no tire and mind you his ride looks really stupid. but i would say 19's in teh right offset (look a dreamsetter he has 19's) anything bigger than 19 is insane though you are literally rolling on rubber bands.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts