Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post, I haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for through searches yet, hoping I could get some input.

Recently bought a 2009 Focus, SE Sedan. The car currently has 16" rims on it. The stock size, according to the sticker on the driver door says 15" (195/60r15).
When I bought some steel rims/winter tires I went with 15", they were used and apparently came off a Focus, older model I believe but not sure what year.
Anyways, the 15" rims rub on the callipers and I am not sure if this is just an offset issue (did offset change from year to year?) or if 15" rims are just too small in general for my car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
15" rims for a Focus should fit fine, from any year up to '12 when they went with 5 bolt rims here.

Do the lug nuts fit well in the wheel holes? Rim center tight on the Hub?

(Those would be signs the rim came off something else if it isn't a good fit)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought based on info I found here. Thanks.

Everything seemed fine when I put them on. They will spin freely for a half rotation and then rub for the other half. I tried two of the 15" wheels in the same spot (front passenger) and they both did the same thing.

Based on my measurements the offset is about 42mm where as I believe it should be 52.5mm. I guess I'm looking at getting rims with a larger offset? Or using spacers? I've never done that before, and don't really know much about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts