Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm sure I'm not the first guy to run an H&R Touring Cup suspension with aftermarket wheels. I've got a rubbing problem on the rear fenders and now I'm shopping for another set of wheels.

I bought my wheels third hand from a buddy, they're Koenig Traffik 17 x 7 with a 40mm offset. They rode great, especially with the (215-40-R17) Dunlop Direzza Star Specs on them. But when I installed the H&R touring cup suspension, the fenders were rubbing the outside shoulder of the tires and I took the wheels off after only 100 miles. The tires aren't badly damaged, but only because I babied them until I could get them off the car. Any attempt to actually USE the awesome handling power of the Dunlops resulted in just enough body roll that the slightest bump would drive them into the rear fender, and with less frequency, the front fender.

The stock ST 16" wheels (205-50-R16) do not rub the fenders, even though the outer diameter of the rubber is actually slightly larger on the stockers with the larger sidewalls.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone else had rubbing problems with this particular suspension kit? Is anyone else running 17 x 7's with this kit that are NOT rubbing? If so, what offset are you running?
2. Is the answer as simple as getting a set of wheels with a larger offset? I assume that my stock ST wheels are the standard 54mm offset on any non-SVT stock wheel. Will going to an SVT wheel with a 49mm offset be enough, or do I need to find an aftermarket wheel closer to the 54mm stock offset?

Thanks for the help, guys.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Roll the fenders. That IS ur answer they should fit flush and look pretty Damn good too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts