Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install my Eibach Sportline kit for the 2'' drop on my car whenver i get my wheels ( gold ford racing 17''). What kind of rub will i run into on my 2005 zx3 with 17s and a 2'' drop?

ANY advice is appreciated, pointers, etc.

any big CONS on doing a 2'' over 1.5''?
(besides the obvious lower ground clearance, roads around here are pretty good, so im not worried about that)

I wait to install my suspension with my wheels, right?
I shouldnt install the suspension on the stockers, then put hte rims on and have to realign, right?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
What size tires?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thefrush said:
What size tires?

I haven't look at tire sizes. All i know is i don't want rubberbands, but they don't need to be really beefy either. Im not sure what size tire the 17s will need.....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
youngkal said:
u can go with 215/45/17 and get no rub

thank you, i guess i will go with that.

i was thinking about maybe going to the prokit, or whatever the 1.5 drop is, but if i just go with those tires without rub i will stick with the sporlines.

thanks for the post!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey i've got 17s on my zx3 with stock suspension and i've gotta take it slow over the bumps otherwise the wheels hit the fenders so i'm afraid to get a drop...i don't think i could imagine what 2inches would do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 04 ZX3 and I did a 2.5in drop all around and have been running 215/45/17 on her and have had no problems at all. I have been using the Falken Ziex 512's and I love them, they are a BadAss all around tire. And I got them off Ebay for like $342 shipped for the whole set. So anyways yeah I havent had any problems. [:D] [:p]

·
Registered
797 Posts
hey i've got 17s on my zx3 with stock suspension and i've gotta take it slow over the bumps otherwise the wheels hit the fenders so i'm afraid to get a drop...i don't think i could imagine what 2inches would do!
it all depends on offset...i have st200's and get no rub at all with sportlines and 215-45's..i believe his wheels have the same offset as mine

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I'd reccomend going with a 215/40-17 because when I was running a 215/40-18 I rubbed quite a bit with the sportlines and that tire size is equvelant(sp...?) to a 215/45-17.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
youngkal said:
it all depends on offset...i have st200's and get no rub at all with sportlines and 215-45's..i believe his wheels have the same offset as mine

so, you have no rub at all? well then, you just made my mind up, i have the same wheels and tire as you, and now i have money to get some springs, did you have to get a camber kit at all?

·
Registered
797 Posts
so, you have no rub at all? well then, you just made my mind up, i have the same wheels and tire as you, and now i have money to get some springs, did you have to get a camber kit at all?
no rub at all...i do have rear camber bolts...just put them on last week..it wasnt too bad i did it myself in about an hour..would have been faster but only had a dremel to grind off the spot welds...some people say u dont need the camber bolts but i notice a big difference...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
what about the front? did you have to get that kit as well? i know i have to get it aligned, the shop i want to take it to says they will install it, but only if i have the camber kit to align it too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i have 215/35/18 and the sportline kit. I get no fender rub at all. i do get some bad wear on the inside front tires though. ive been slackin on the camber kit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
see, if i'm gonna do this, i'm gonna do it right! so i ordered the front and rear kit to fix everything.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
We need to know the wheel offset and tire size to let you know if you will rub or not. If you tell me those I can almost guarantee you if you will rub or not.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
^^ You're right, I didn't see where he said what wheels they were. With that knowledge, you WILL rub on a 215/45-17 with stock fenders. You will probably clear if you roll the fenders, but it still might be close. Your best bet would be 215/40-17, that will definitely not rub.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What offset wheels are people using so they don't rub with a 2" drop? I don't know any Focus wheels with more than a 49mm offset.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I don't rub with a 2.5" drop and I have a 45mm offset. I also have rolled fenders, a good amount of negative camber, and 215/45-16 tires. There are a LOT of variables to include. [;)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts