Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this here because I miss this forum and the BMW forums are all lame. I am looking for a wheel color combo to compliment my focus replacement. The z3 below is exactly like mine except the seats in mine are mostly red as well as the interior. I lowered it a bit as well since that will be my next mod.

The bottom pic shows the current wheels which may be painted or I will go aftermarket.

What do you think?

More pics of what is really my car

wood delete mod.
I painted the wood dash pieces red (upper) and black (lower), brake handle, and installed a black short shift knob since this was taken.

RIP

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Nice ride! Love that interior.

I personally like them in silver, mainly because everyone seems to be going for something wild and crazy to the point that plain old silver is becoming the "rare" thing to do lol

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. They are nice looking as is. I may just stick with it after the suspension install. I do plan on an SC install in a year or so. I will want a bit more tire then so aftermarket wheels will be on the agenda.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
i say do red inside with black lip :)

also what did you do with the wheels on the focus?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very nice. Those were all I-4's right? Or did they have the I-6 in them as well? And which is your's?

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice. Those were all I-4's right? Or did they have the I-6 in them as well? And which is your's?
The first year was I4 only. Then they introduced a 2.8 I6. The second "gen" z3 were all I6, 2.5 or 3.0.

Mine is a 3.0. Rated 225 hp and 214 ft/lbs from the factory.
so far I have installed a magnaflow exhaust with x pipe, intake, and a tune. The sound is excellent and acceleration good, but I will focus on improving handling now.

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i say do red inside with black lip :)

also what did you do with the wheels on the focus?
My taste is too conservative for red spokes. The gold ones are really pushing is as well [:)]

I think a red lip would compliment the interior nicely.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i like the silver the best. you could always do the calipers red for that bit of interior matching pop

·
Registered
945 Posts
go with the red lip!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
gold looks best imo

·
Registered
383 Posts
i like the silver. and how is the gearing in the mtx, on top gear (uk) james said he hated the gearing in the atx

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like the silver. and how is the gearing in the mtx, on top gear (uk) james said he hated the gearing in the atx
Not the best for highway cruising since I am around 3000 rpm down the freeway. Otherwise it is ok. A shorter ratio or 6 speed would help a bit at the track. There are plenty of swaps available if I end up being very unhappy with the current gearing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts