Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 17X7.5 Rota with a 40mm offset with 205/40/17 tires fit fine on my 05 ZX3 with a 1.5 to 1.8" drop? I did some searching but came up with mixed results, so I was hoping for some feedback here. I found a knockoff of the slipstream that I like as well and it's a 42mm offset but I have heard some negative comments on the Excel rims.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
from what I hear 35mm-38mm is best

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nereus78 said:
from what I hear 35mm-38mm is best
If you want the wheels to stick out of the wheelwells then that is the best offset.

40mm-45mm positive offset is recommended. The 17x7.5 rotas will probably rub on large bumps because they will sit even with the fenders due to the 40 mm offset and the 7.5" width.

·
Registered
373 Posts
scottdurand said:
Will a 17X7.5 Rota with a 40mm offset with 205/40/17 tires fit fine on my 05 ZX3 with a 1.5 to 1.8" drop? I did some searching but came up with mixed results, so I was hoping for some feedback here. I found a knockoff of the slipstream that I like as well and it's a 42mm offset but I have heard some negative comments on the Excel rims.
I'd recomend using a wider tire than that say a 215 or 225 (225 being the best fit for the wheel.) with a 205 tire you'll be running it a slightly streched or the wheel will stick out father than the tire like so...

Not NEARLY that extream but you get the idea.

A 215/45/17 would be better than 205/40/17 for both fitting on the wheel and matching you stock tire overall diamitter. 225/45/17 is a perfect fit for the wheel but is a wee bit big for the car and would most likely require a fender roll to prevent from rubbing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have 17x7.5 subzeros, 45mm offset on my SVTF, 215-45's no problems...That pic is not how your tire should fit on a rim. Stick with a 215-45...

·
Registered
484 Posts
will a 49 offset be ok on a sedan?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Gunmetal with polished lip 17x7.5" Slipstreams came today. They are awesome and look better than I had imagined them. I can't wait to get them installed but the car is in the shop getting a two tone paintjob. Now I just need to get the Rota carbon fiber center caps as my wheels came with the standard black caps. Anyone have some?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well for anyone who does a search and is wondering the same thing I was here is my results. I put 205/40/17 Nitto Neogen on my 17X7.5 40mm offset Rota slipstreams and the tires fit great. I then added the KYB agx adjustable struts and Apex 1.5 in drop springs and it all worked out great with no rubbing whatsoever and I love the aggressive look of the offset. I actually realized after I definately would've been safe as well with the Tein 2" drop that I thoguht of going with but the Apex springs are great so no regrets there. BTW, I love the look of the Rota and the build quality as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts