Votes: 51 68.0%
  • Black

Votes: 24 32.0%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to repaint one of my winter rims after the paint didn't hold up on it. The primer I am using happens to be white and I kind of liked the way it looked so I quick threw it on the car along with one of the black ones. What do you all think; would it look good if I paint all the wheels white or just keep them black?

Sorry it's not a better picture. The front wheel is what I ran last year and the rear is just primed. If I ran white, I would probable paint a set of lug nuts black. I think I have already made up my mind but would still love to hear what you all think.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Just for winter? I say white and don't paint the lugs,buy black ones. The paint on the lugs wont last past the first time u torque them down

·
Registered
46 Posts
White! Looks awesome, especially with those tires. Makes me think of the 99-04 WRC Focus. Plus...everybody else has black wheels.

·
Registered
449 Posts
White, it reminds me of the rally Focus.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. It would just be for winter.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just for winter? I say white and don't paint the lugs,buy black ones. The paint on the lugs wont last past the first time u torque them down
[?|] Duh, I knew that. Lol. I haven't thought this throw very much yet.

If I go white, what color do you think the little center hub covers should be. I was thinking black but looking at them now, I am leaning more toward white.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
While I am not a fan of white, black on a sonic blue doesn't look as good as people think.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
I would go for white, but both work for sure.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If you don't care how dirty they get, definitely white! But let me tell you... if you are wanting to keep them clean you'll have to clean them quite a lot depending on how much driving you do! I'm saying bye bye to my 2001 SE tomorrow and I put White OZ Superturismo WRC 17" on (have had them for over 4 years now), but to keep them looking clean, I have to clean them at least once every 10 days or so and they got to be a pain after a while... [rolleyes]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Are those wheels the same? The rear looks larger for some reason.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Before I saw the picture, I was going to say black. But the white looks sick man! White for sure!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
White FTW!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you don't care how dirty they get, definitely white! But let me tell you... if you are wanting to keep them clean you'll have to clean them quite a lot depending on how much driving you do! I'm saying bye bye to my 2001 SE tomorrow and I put White OZ Superturismo WRC 17" on (have had them for over 4 years now), but to keep them looking clean, I have to clean them at least once every 10 days or so and they got to be a pain after a while... [rolleyes]
WRC FTW! I've wanted a set of these wheels for a long time. Do you know if they make them in 16"? What's the weight on those?

Also, I wouldn't be too concerned about keeping winter wheels clean, that's why you have a separate set.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Do I have to say more?

Reactions: 02fordsvt

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This picture pretty much sealed the deal for me. Now it makes me want to go out and find some mudflaps too.

Thanks for all your votes and opinions everyone. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 64 Posts