Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of doing a little project with the Focus, and painting the wheels.

I have the stock 5 spoke SVT wheels, and I'm looking to paint them either BBS gold, a bronze color, gunmetal gray, or black.

Which would look best against a Sonic Blue car? Any and all opinions are welcome.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I did mine in with black spokes and left the centers and outer lip silver. Just an idea, but I will say that I like black or a shade of gray the best. It gives the car a cooler look without being to bold and brash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of either going with the BBS Gold, or Enkei Bronze. Sonic Blue is a bright color, and I think something like gunmetal or black kind of takes away from the paint.

I know that the EAP wheels look good in gold, but would the 5 spokes look good too? Does anyone have any pictures of gold 5 spokes?

·
Registered
251 Posts
always consider that you are only going to be in bright sunlight while you are at work ...

rest of time in lower light brighter will kick better.

don't be shy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know a brighter colored wheel would really make the car pop, I just don't want it too look too bright.

How would something like a graphite under bronze look? Would that be too dull or would it give just the right amount of color, without being too loud?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to paint the whole thing whatever color I choose, so the inside of the rim as well as the face of the rim.

·
Registered
251 Posts
no .. inside of car ...
if insides are gray ... gray wheels.
if tan ... bronze?

I think that is called controlling the color palette

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The inside is black, with Sonic Blue inserts.

I won't be trying to match the interior, since that matches the exterior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts