Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2002 Focus wagon is missing all of the center caps for the alloy wheels. Is there a source for these other than the dealership? The dealer wanted $15 apiece which is absurd.

Thanks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Yeah, Rockauto is a great place to buy new ones. If you want to go the used route, though, post a Want to Buy add on this Forum. I know I've got at least three sitting around I'm sure others will have a full set to sell.

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
The OEM part is junk anyway and calculated to crack or break if not treated like made of explosive. The tabs break by simply looking at them and tir change places often break at least one with every tire change.

I use either 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" (can't remember which size) round electrical snap-in covers used to block holes in electrical panels and bought from Home Depot for like $1 each. Painted up and the tangs bent out a bit to hold more securely they don't look bad at all if you can get used to seeing the lugnuts there.

No way was I going to pay for those cheap crap severely over-priced OEM covers, they are garbage. The snap-ins have lasted for years and pop in and out as needed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The OEM part is junk anyway and calculated to crack or break if not treated like made of explosive. The tabs break by simply looking at them and tir change places often break at least one with every tire change.

I've fixed every tab with epoxy and window screen mesh (ends up working like fiberglass)

And I always take them off myself before going to the tire store...........

Pop them in the wheel before the epoxy fully sets up......

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
That's them.............I'm still running the same ones from that last post.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts