Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheelbearings are going out left and right out here in cali lol

so two of my friends with svt's have bad front wheelbearings. i was wondering if the svt bearings are the same as the non svt bearings. is there any difference between the two?

does anyone make stronger aftermarket wheel bearings for the focus or are we stuck with ours?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
myself as well. i have gone through quite a few of these. a wheel bearing in the rear nearly caused me to loose a wheel on the highway once. no warning whatsoever. it just let go all at once compleltely ruining my drum hub and spindle

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
there are frictionless wheel bearings but i bet they go out faster than OEM

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is a good site for front wheel bearings for Focus. www.mibearings.com or you can try Ebay as well!
Good Luck,
Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
My right rear bearing just went. It's not locked on there with anything special, right? Replacing it is something I could just do myself?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
just call up a parts store and ask for a front wheel bearing for your focus and then ask for one for an svt.
see if they are the same part.

or you could pm mike at hilbish ford.
b16sir

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My right rear bearing just went. It's not locked on there with anything special, right? Replacing it is something I could just do myself?
If you have drum rear brakes then you need to replace the whole drum and the spindle because the bearing is actually a part of the drum. The spindle is pretty easy just four bolts on the back and its out.

I put suspension on my car and a week later both my rear bearings went out. The left rear wheel almost came off when I put it on the lift at work I didn't have to take off the lugnuts at all just pulled (hard) and it was off lol

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i had the same thing happen with the passenger rear a few weeks ago on the way back from wilmington. the wheel fell off as i was turning around in my yard directly after pulling in the driveway after a 1000 mile round trip. can you say butt pucker?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts