Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any performance wheel bearings out there worth looking into? im going to be replacing mine for the 4th time later this week and frankly im sick of screwing with it. they dont have to be performance i just want a set that will actually last rather than go bad every freaking 3 months.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i dunno if there are any "performance" ones... just get one from ford

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I assume you mean front wheel bearings. Just who is doing the bearing install? The cheapest bearing you could find should last way longer than a few months. The wrong installation technique will ruin a new bearing....sounds like that's what's been happening.

Perhaps the spindle has excessive wear...

·
Registered
872 Posts
"High performance bearing"?? You might want to Google "frictionless bearings" or ball/roller bearings. As bluefront mentioned premature bearing failure is very often the result of incorrect assembly procedures, OR, the original parts such as the hub or axleshaft or steering knuckle (depending on the design) may be worn or damaged from a prior bearing failure. All the parts being dimensionally correct is absolutely critical because there are usually interference (tight) fits involved here. Also, having the tooling (a selection of pushers/mandrels and a press and the knowledge is essential. AND on the fronts.......torquing the damn axleshaft retaining nut to spec. is damn important as well. (not just impact gunned)

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the first time i tried to replace it and directly took it to a shop to do a week later because i had obviously failed miserably at doing it right, i count that as one bearing. a month later i took it back to that shop because they messed it up as well and they fixed it again, thats two. it happened again 3 months later and i took it elsewhere when the original shop refused to fix it. and now 3 months later again here i am. the third time i got the entired spindle and hub assembly because i let it go for too long before i got it fixed. and yes this is the front wheel bearing. passenger side to be more precise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts