Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now my focus is in the shop again....[:(]

Both of my rear wheel bearings are cooked! The wheels were wabbling and clanking and I thought I was going to die. Anyone know if there was ever a recall from ford on this specific component and secondly anyone know where and how much it would cost to get these parts? What exactly do I need to get?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know where to get these parts and how much they should cost? Should these have even burned out at only 57k miles? That seems kinda weak to me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They should have lasted longer. You can probably get new wheel bearings at pep boys or something, of if worse comes to worst, you can get them from the dealer. If you're gonna be putting them on yourself, make sure you pack as much grease as you can into them. I don't think they're too expensive, prolly <20 for a set. If they're that bad though, you might have warped your hub, in which case that would need to be replaced also.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Im going to check the dealer tomorrow to see how much it will cost for parts, but Ive never had this happen on any of my cars in the past and Ive had some ghetto ones lol. Just seems kinda weak. Do any particular driving habbits cause damage to those parts?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
My driver's training car (2002 Dodge Neon) just had it's front wheel bearings replaced, and it has 72,000 miles on it. They should last longer than yours did, and the Neon's did. In the Neon's case, well... it's a driver's training car. It gets a lot of abuse, and for a while there I had a run of students who kept hitting the curb. Severe misalignment of the front wheels (and driving it like that for months without getting an alignment) may have been what killed those bearings so soon. Dunno about your car, though.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the rear wheel bearing is a recall caleb... should have only been one though id take ur springs off before u go in cuz u know how ford is

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$250 later dude I already replaced them at my own cost, F%^&! oh well cant win them all, just another proof factor that my next car wont be a ford = P Wings west kit is in the shop getting painted this week tho Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts