Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all just a quick one, its been a while since ive done rear wheel bearings
i have a 99 ford focus with drums on the back and the bearings need changing any one have a quick guide to help me out, im sure once i start it will all come back to me but just incase lol

cheers for any help in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also think i have to replace the drum but that will be no prob i aslo have access to a press to remove bearing

·
Registered
198 Posts
A few months ago when I went to the dealer to get a bearing kit, which includes bearings, the seal on the spindle and spindle caps, the kit was $85 per wheel. I ended up getting the drums for $92 each with the bearings already in the drums. Didn't get the seals because they didn't have a separate listing for them. I was able to easily re-use the spindle caps. I tried using drum/bearings from Advance and had to return two sets because one set was out of round and caused a vibration and the other set began to make bearing noise after a week.The new drums also solved the rear brake squeal we had.

So you can go to the dealer and buy the OEM parts or try all the junk chinese aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh right well ill def stay away from the chinese stuff dont wanna be doin the job twice so the only bearing is in the outer drum right ??

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes, there is only one bearing and it is the sealed type that is pressed into the drum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts