Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at having to replace 3 wheel bearings. Dealership quoted me at $300/wheel bearing. I'm just wondering, I found a full hub assembly for $100. Would it be significantly cheaper to just replace the whole hub assembly, and since I don't need a press to press the bearing in, is that something that is pretty easy to install? Is there any reason why anyone would want to just replace the wheel bearing when it's cheaper to just replace the whole hub assembly? Or am I missing something? Thanks all in advance!

Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at having to replace 3 wheel bearings. Dealership quoted me at $300/wheel bearing. I'm just wondering, I found a full hub assembly for $100. Would it be significantly cheaper to just replace the whole hub assembly, and since I don't need a press to press the bearing in, is that something that is pretty easy to install? Is there any reason why anyone would want to just replace the wheel bearing when it's cheaper to just replace the whole hub assembly? Or am I missing something? Thanks all in advance!

Ryan
I'd replace the wheel hub assembly. I had the same problem after a small accident and just replaced the whole thing. It's less trouble to install, and i got it for 60 bucks at a junkyard.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You need a press for bearings...at least 20 ton press. I had to replace a front bearing so I remove the knuckle from the car myself and gave that to my local shop. $30 later + $36 for the bearing/hub assembly, I was on my way. Can't beat that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.