Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how possible it would be to get some 5x108 to 5x115 wheel adapters for my 2012 Focus to be able to use my steel wheels and snow tires from my 08 Charger? The Focus is coming with 16" wheels and standard tires but my Charger steelies that I use for winter/snow are 17" with 215 60 17 snow tires on them.
I only have alittle over 3K on the tires and don't want to take a beating on selling them and having to buy a different set and don't want to drop alot on another set of wheels that fit both the car and the snow tires. So someone mentioned to me about the adapters. I've never really even heard of using adapters before. They would only be used in snow situations not year round.

Would I run into problems with doing this?

Would the wheels and tires stick out to far or rub?

Are there really any major pros or cons to doing it? Or is it just an overall bad idea?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The trouble with adapters is their thickness. The resulting thinkness reduces wheel offset and pushes the tire and wheel closer to the fender lip. This increases the chances of rubbing. Lets say an adapter is 3/4 of an inch thick. That's close to 20mm. If stock offset is 50mm and you reduce it 20mm you have 30mm which can be problematic. If the aftermarket wheels you intend to use have a reduced offset as well, you'll end up compounding the problem even more.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd pass & get the right wheel's Or bust down the wheel's for your other tire's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts