Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your guys pre workout supplement?

i have used noxplode for a while, and its great. but it does give me that jittery affect, and i absolutely hate that.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html that is no xplode

i am going to try biosteel, it is formulated for hockey players by hockey players. i figure that should be good for me, seeing as i play hockey and workout for that. here is the link
http://shop.biosteel.com/

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I use to use Ephedra until it was banned... now I dont use anything, I just go in and move iron.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
I like to eat 2 hours or so before my workout, and it also helps sometime before my workout if I had happened to get off. Other than that, I do a warm up set and get going.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I use to use Ephedra until it was banned... now I dont use anything, I just go in and move iron.
Pick up some OTC Bronkaid for ephedrine :-D

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I've tried a couple of pre workout supplements. The best one I've tried is white flood by controlled labs. I'm takin jacked now and I'm not impressed. There was a free supplement pouch i tried once that was insane, but I can't remember the name of it right now.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've tried a couple of pre workout supplements. The best one I've tried is white flood by controlled labs. I'm takin jacked now and I'm not impressed. There was a free supplement pouch i tried once that was insane, but I can't remember the name of it right now.
Yeah... White Flood is bad ass... I love controlled labs... I take their fish oil & multi, and alternate taking their White Flood/Green Magnitude combo with MP Assault... Normally I use a tub of Assault, then a tub of Green Mag and White Flood (I usually do 1 scoop of each mixed as my pre-workout), and just rotate it around like that. Both are awesome.

I usually also add in something like 4g of citrulline malate and 2g of beta-alanine and 2-3g of taurine into my mix as well for a little extra KICK! :D Though, with beta-alanine, it's best to take 1-2g 2-3 times per day, which is what I do as well... Saturate your body and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah... White Flood is bad ass... I love controlled labs... I take their fish oil & multi, and alternate taking their White Flood/Green Magnitude combo with MP Assault... Normally I use a tub of Assault, then a tub of Green Mag and White Flood (I usually do 1 scoop of each mixed as my pre-workout), and just rotate it around like that. Both are awesome.

I usually also add in something like 4g of citrulline malate and 2g of beta-alanine and 2-3g of taurine into my mix as well for a little extra KICK! :D Though, with beta-alanine, it's best to take 1-2g 2-3 times per day, which is what I do as well... Saturate your body and all that good stuff.
thats alot of pre's for one workout. How long do you workout??

I used mesomorph before it got banned, now jut creatine and looking to try another one like supermax pump by gaspari or even DS craze

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
I was using BPI Pump-HD for a while and absolutely loved it. Trying out BSN's HyperFX right now and it is right up there with Pump-HD, maybe even better

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
whatever yall spend on that garbage is a waste of time and you piss and crap out 90% of it.... 2 big glasses of Non HFCS chocolate milk before workout and 2 big glasses after thats all you need and you will save assloads of money.

Just try it for a month, you'll see

·
Registered
920 Posts
whatever yall spend on that garbage is a waste of time and you piss and crap out 90% of it.... 2 big glasses of Non HFCS chocolate milk before workout and 2 big glasses after thats all you need and you will save assloads of money.

Just try it for a month, you'll see
Chocolate milk is a good post workout that's for sure but I wouldn't want all that sitting in my gut during a workout.

Now I just take a scoop of nDure from truenutrition.com, cheap stuff but effective... Also make my own custom protein blends on that site.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Agreed with edingeek about the choc milk on the stomach during workout. Any dairy product before a workout just doesn't sound like it would end well.

spiikey1: I took some Assault the other day, and really didn't see much of a difference over using nothing at all. People rant/rave about it all day long, but I just didn't see where it helped any. The NeuroCore has treated me right for the past 3-4 months. Was using MT Vapor before this, and like this better.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Agreed with edingeek about the choc milk on the stomach during workout. Any dairy product before a workout just doesn't sound like it would end well.

spiikey1: I took some Assault the other day, and really didn't see much of a difference over using nothing at all. People rant/rave about it all day long, but I just didn't see where it helped any. The NeuroCore has treated me right for the past 3-4 months. Was using MT Vapor before this, and like this better.
^^ Did you take reccomended dosage? and taking chocolate milk is if you want bulk... it has high carbs and protein.. NOTHING for pre workout... creatine + N.O products are completely different..

Assault does work, i saw an increase in energy levels + i could bench more...now are you telling me thats placebo or adrenaline??? Even with mesomorph i benched even more than i did with assault so i don't think its just placebo..

and in terms of "pissing it out" thats only really with creatine as far as i know.. sure you may need to go to the toilet, bcoz of the amount of water ur drinking pre and intra workout.. but thats not just pissing it out... you still get the effects of it... Well my opinion on it anyway

[burnout]

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
spiikey1: Took a full scoop (1 serving = 1/2 scoop). So, yes. I may give it a try again though, just to see. I also have some Pump HD sample packs that I got from another order that I may try that out. Still liking my NeuroCore, though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts