Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first get my car and break it in I'm heading over the boarder at Niagara Falls for a little bit of Olive Garden and Cherry Coke goodness. [:D]

·
Registered
296 Posts
My first road trip was supposed to be the Canadian Rockies in September, but I planned that trip when I was still being deceived into believing that my Focus would be delivered in July. Sadly, it looks like I'll be taking a crappy rental car on that trip.

·
Registered
411 Posts
In a couple weeks we'll be heading back to York, PA. for about a week for a class reunion. About a 2,000+ round trip from Fl. Right now I only have 600 miles on the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Our First Road-Trip will be in September. We plan on visiting good friends of ours in Ohio (about 500 miles one way).

Looking forward to seeing Kings Island - I never been there before [driving]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I already took mine back in may was close to a 700 miles round trip from Florida to n Alabama

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eh, since mine can use a breaking in, it might be to Pickens, SC....FOR WORK!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing all your break-in miles as highway miles as it's supposed to be varied driving. At least, I would do that for the first couple hundred miles minimum. (Shouldn't take too long to do!)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Our first road trip was to Disneyland Paris, about 500+ miles round trip, handled it like a champ!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing all your break-in miles as highway miles as it's supposed to be varied driving. At least, I would do that for the first couple hundred miles minimum. (Shouldn't take too long to do!)
With a 60 mile round-trip commute (stop and go) five days a week, it will have well over a couple hundred miles before the work trip.

God, I miss working from home :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first real road trip was to the Okanagan and then up to Jasper in July. Round trip was about 5000 km. It was camping all the way, and I can say with absolute certainty that the hatch has a huge capacity for hauling.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my first trip was 3000 miles round trip from Denver to California.. The car is just over a month old, and has 6000 miles on it already !!!!

Car was great, even with an average speed of 85, a family of 4, and a trunk FULL of luggage, I averaged 35mpg on the hwy, and 34.3mpg for the entire 3000 miles..alot of high elevation mountain driving through Colorado and Utah, and the car never had problems..

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
I am going to the Dells right know about 260 miles round trip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I first get my car and break it in I'm heading over the boarder at Niagara Falls for a little bit of Olive Garden and Cherry Coke goodness. [:D]
olive garden???

if coming south of the boarder let me suggest http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/ they have a location in Rochester, i have been to the Syracuse location many times, i may have to plan a road trip there when i get mine..

·
Registered
241 Posts
My first roadtrip was in May - went from Delaware to NE Ohio to attend a private track rental for a Mustang forum at Thompson Raceway. I even made 3 passes down the track, with a best ET of 16.7xx. I had a GREAT time breaking in the new car! We now have over 8K miles on the car.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
olive garden???

if coming south of the boarder let me suggest http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/ they have a location in Rochester, i have been to the Syracuse location many times, i may have to plan a road trip there when i get mine..
I'll have to keep that in mind, but yup...Olive Garden. They used to be in Ontario for years and then at the height of their popularity they left. Pretty much EVERYONE here craves Olive Garden...lol

What's really weird is that Red Lobster stayed and they are owned by the same company. You can't get cherry coke here anymore either.

Basically what I'm saying is, Canada is a land of unwanted blandness... [:D]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I actually live in the Syracuse area when I am not down south for school and I can tell you first hand that Dinosaur BBQ is some of the best BBQ you will ever have. They were even featured on Man Vs. Food!

·
Registered
968 Posts
My first roadtrip was in May - went from Delaware to NE Ohio to attend a private track rental for a Mustang forum at Thompson Raceway. I even made 3 passes down the track, with a best ET of 16.7xx. I had a GREAT time breaking in the new car! We now have over 8K miles on the car.
What was your trap speed?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just did a 9000 mile road trip across the country for 5 weeks in my new focus. From south florida across to LA through las vegas and up to SF along pacific coast highway, stopped in a bunch of national parks, grand canyon, yosemite, i did yellowstone in wyoming hit up a bunch of spots in colorado. Pretty epic trip. Car has just over 10k on it now and haven't had any issues except the windshield cracked when a bolt fell off a truck on the highway. Also some bird pooped on the back window and even after cleaning it off with soap there is still etching or something left on the glass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts