Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered new Centric rear rotors for my ST from discount breaks and this is what they sent me:

The one on the left had a grey finish and the one on the right looks normal....

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
off topic but did you paint those? I bought a set and the whole rotor was steel color. I painted the hub black like yours but it would be nice if they were already done like yours.

Also th eedge on yours are painted, the fins side. I like that as well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Centric paints their hubs and vane inlets. It is an e-coating which is very thin and eventually does rust but not nearly as much as a uncoated rotor hub (had them on our Focus). Regarding the OP's original question, the darker one looks a lot like their cryogenetic (sp?...akafrozen) rotors. Whether it is one or not I have no way of confirming.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
The one on the left looks like the rotor I just git from form its a anti rust coating you prolly got one rotor from diff batchs
Posted via FF Mobile

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Yea the ones I got looked like the one on the right.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
All the centric ones I get look like the right one.
Can you tell what the stuff is on the left one? Paint of some sort it seems like

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
If you look close you can still see the crosshatch on the braking surface. Googling Cryo-Stop does bring up a couple pics that look exactly like your left rotor. [dunno]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Whats the reason behind the cryo thing? I mean heat treated and cryo treated what the heck?

I understand heat treated but not the cryo thing.

It would be cool to try one of each but not on the same car mismatched. Ide rather try a set of each at a track or something and then decide that way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i called them and tried to explain what happened and they said they would just send me a replacement. Got the replacement today and it looks exactly like the one on the left. I didn't order cryo-treated rotors but i guess thats what they sent me? I'll probably just put the matching ones on and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
So i called them and tried to explain what happened and they said they would just send me a replacement. Got the replacement today and it looks exactly like the one on the left. I didn't order cryo-treated rotors but i guess thats what they sent me? I'll probably just put the matching ones on and see what happens.
Thats cool, i still dont understand why they would do it but if there is a benifit to it you got em for a deal right?

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Funny that ordering brakes online can be such a hassle. When I ordered my brakes for the GTO (from a reputable online speed shop), I got two sets of rear rotors instead of front and rear. And they gave me ceramic pads instead of the HPS pads I ordered. How hard is it to correctly fill an order??

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Its just a anti rust coating put them on it'll come all off after the first stop or too
Posted via FF Mobile

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Try Brakeworld or Brakewarehouse. Brakeworld has Disc Italia rotor's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts