Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone...I love this site wish i would have found it sooner...Ok so I have a 2004 Ford Focus SE its a 2.3 motor and 4 cyl I have 117,000 miles on it. I just got of work and started the car drove about a mile came to a stop and hit the gas to go and nothing happened....It reved up...nothing worked not 1st not 2nd and not drive. Reverse didnt work either. Nothing has led up to this though. I have never had a problem shifting or anything. We just replaced the speed sensor 3 months ago. But the car ran great. Last weekend I put some miles on it though. about 1400 miles in last 2 weeks...Both trips it ran fine. Anyone please I dont know whats wrong.. I had it towed home. My tran fluid was low but not empty. All other fluid was good. Also no lights came on to tell me what was wrong. Any info will help guys thanx.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Im guessing its an automatic? If it is..it could be one of those silinoids went out. I dont know much about autos but I hear that is a common problem...

good luck..i know someone will be here that knows more about the automatic transmissions

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Fill the transmission to the correct fluid level. Check the gear shift cable for damage and improper adjustment. Check the TR (transmission range) sensor and related wiring.
What "speed sensor" did you replace earlier? OSS (output shaft speed) or TSS (Turbine shaft speed) sensor? Recheck the previous work.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Trans fluid has to be checked with the engine idling. The fluid level is much higher on the stick if the engine is not idling. There is also a difference in the level depending on how warm the engine is, but that is less than not idling at all.

Low fluid usually gives plenty of signs though, so I'm going to guess that you've got more issues with either the torque converter or valve body/solenoids. I'd lean towards the torque converter first which is more expensive, but seems more likely since everything stopped working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to look into all this guys thank you so much for giving some feedback I love my car and this is just crappy right before holidays. Hopefully we figure out whats wrong. I will update as we go along with the whole thing...Its funny though no warning lights came on.... but everything works it just wont move. It was the out put speed sensor too....And we will dig a little deeper on that end but im thinking this is something completely seperate....So does do you guys dont think its my transmission? Thats your worst fear when it comes to cars breaking down....lol thanx again guys.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts