Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont understand how can ur car BOG if ur RPMs are high and u shift to another gear, i was always said bogging occurs when ur RPMs are so low u basicly arnt moving (svtf's 6th gear at 25 mph is basicly boggin)......fill me in please. i have a SVTF too and i dont get any lag or bog or anything?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know exactly what the bog or delay is, but I know it's there. it's like a half a second delay before you get full power again. i've heard the reasoning and it makes since, but i forgot. hopefully someone will know.

i know tunning cure this problem

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I think what they are talking about is the "hanging revs" syndrome. Where you clutch out, and instead of falling right away the revs seems to just hang out for a second or two and then fall pretty slowly.

There's actually a couple simple fixes for it, one being a tune and the other one being something easy I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Carrera26 said:
I think what they are talking about is the "hanging revs" syndrome. Where you clutch out, and instead of falling right away the revs seems to just hang out for a second or two and then fall pretty slowly.
I don't quite understand how a slow rpm decline is a bad thing... It seems to me that it would make it easier to rev match.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I get a slight hesitation on the going past the 3k mark.
After that it's all good fun, all I need to do is keep it above 3k, and I have all the power the engine can output.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well yea but thats simply the powerband u cant change that unless u do somtihng performance wise to your car that has nothing to do with shifting either....

Portuga said:
I get a slight hesitation on the going past the 3k mark.
After that it's all good fun, all I need to do is keep it above 3k, and I have all the power the engine can output.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well the tune I received from Wayne at hynotic on my xcal2 took care of the cars slight "bogging" between gears and all of the surgining around 3k. Much more usable low end torque and between gears really grabs rubber 1-2 2-3.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I do. Looking thru the tune with the PRP there is a 2 sec delay for shifting/gear selection. I'm guessing thats whats causing the bog-its the amount of time the ecu takes to respond to a gear shift selection.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i remember seeing/reading something on here about the clutch pedal. removing a spacer or something that will disable the bogging when shiifgng. only thing bad about it was when using it with the cruise control, tapping the clutch won't disable the cc. if i find the thread(s) i'll post the link about it. correct me if i'm wrong or thinking about something else.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
SVTDavan said:
I don't quite understand how a slow rpm decline is a bad thing... It seems to me that it would make it easier to rev match.
It makes the revs act inconsistently, so one time it will drop relatively fast and other times it will hang on for a while. This makes it hard to match, and it's just a bit unnerving to puch the clutch down and see the revs just hanging for a couple seconds...

·
Registered
459 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
here is the link for that thread...
> > Clicky < <
You are a god!
It's retarded that i've been on this forum for as long as I had my car, and only now have my eyes come upon this miracle 5 minute mod!
It's like a new car for me, shifting is smoother, it even takes off easier.
I don't get it, why is that switch involved with the trans, when the Cruise Control isn't engaged.
I can be delusional right now, but either way, i'm glad I did it, because I really beleive it made a very positve diference.
I think i'm going to start a thread on the topic , just to see if there are guys out there like me that have never heard of this and might find it usefull to them as far as smoothing out the shifting.
Thank you very much to all you biitches!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
glad you liked it, i been watching that thread since the beginning and i just now did that mod myself today, havn't tried it out yet though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.