Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a built motor and finally brought it home from US, i have been cleaning old parts that i will reuse and when i was modifing the windage tray i noticed this washer inside the crankshaft hole where the flywheel bolts, i cannot get it out by just pulling but its completely loose inside, anyone knows what is its function and if i would need to take everything apart to reinstall it or if i can simply cut it?

btw, do you have any manual with images of what bolts go where? i remember about 70% of them and this is my first engine build ever, all i know is because i took apart a blown focus engine

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its probably a part of the pilot bearing that came off if i had to guess. I dont, remember seeing a loose washer in mine when i did my clutch. If i was you i would replace the pilot bearing just to be sure.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Even tho the Focus does not use a pilot shaft the pilot bearing is still in the end of the crank , what you have is the back side of the pipot bearing , remove it with a screw driver so it cannot make it into the clutch assy and keep going

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts