Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so in about a week, I'm getting in my R/T Cc, and I already purchased the Flexpipe. So, my exhaust will finally be finished. It's setting me back around $430.00, and since I'm getting her painted for $500.00 early next month, the next mod will be a no brainer. I'm gonna get a silver anodized UDP kit as the next mod, probably on the 15th. The thing is, I don't know where to go to next. I've been thinking Cam Gears (Silver Anodized) and it's not that expensive in price....$250.00 for a pair....DOHC ATX. I'm just looking for ideas on the next mod. No look mods, I'm going on a 2000 mile roadtrip in May to arizona, so rims are out of the question. I don't want to mess them up within the first couple of months. Any suggestions for the car....besides the chip....I know it's in my sig, but gonna get that when I go home probably.

All my mods are listed in my sig....any ideas?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
You're coming up to the crossroad I am at now, "what's next?". From what feedback I have gotten, unless you're going turbo or something, then the next performance mod would be to get cam gears, cams too if you have the cash but if not... just the gears and then get a dyno tune.

As always, what you do now is somewhat determined by what you plan on doing in the future. For me I don't plan on going turbo and believe I am satisfied with where I am once I get cam gears and a dyno-tune. Maybe do a few suspension upgrades but then I am done.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on going JRSC in about a year...probably gonna get CnCed, port and polished head, the FR Racing Intake Manifold before I go SC. Then I'll have to look into Lentech ATX's.....don't want to have to wait until the SC destroys the stock ATX.....probably get the tranny and the SC at the same time..........[confused]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Well sounds as if you're going alot further than I plan on going. I'm sure that new cams and gears will fiqure into that plan somewhere but as to when and where you would probably be better off getting input from someone with a better idea of what's involved. You might try sending focaltech a pm.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If you need any help with parts let me know. Take a look at Performance Automatic for ATX upgrades.

Why did you pay 430 for a RT cat?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if your getting the JRSC you wont need the UDPs, id suggest stg 1 cams and gears, then maybe a custom chip, but i think the chip could interfere w/ the JRSC if you get it first, not sure though

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
how about some suspension eh??

apex kit is a good deal for springs shocks and struts.

as far as performance im not sure how much further past cam gears you should go till you get ur tranny some beef. it wont go out all at once but after some time it will take a beating

·
Registered
380 Posts
you could get a chip w/ the JRSC just dont use the DFMM that comes w/ the kit. talk to Tom or CFM. or get the modulardepot flasher. could custom tune your car that way w/ the ecu flasher and you wont have to worry about taking a chip out if you get a Cel light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts