Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is not NEW, but is sorta lol.. i have seen this since like 1 month maybe a little more...

This weird leak, i went to the dealer once and they told me it was my thermostat, they could check it but if it was damaged i had to pay 300 bucks![boxface] [mecry]

so i said i would check it myself, it looks like its anti-freeze because of the yellowish-green color but who knows.. i just wanna know whats happening!!... i was told in focaljet that it could be just a thermostat seal but.. who knows

It seems like the leak starts by the coil cover area[unsure]

here are some pictures of the mess[eek]

what do you think?

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do i have to drain something first?, i saw there was a nut in the thermostat thing, just have to remove that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
i think there is 4 screws on the front of the thermostat housing that you would take off and the o ring is just inside of there. and you will have to add coolant but you wont have to drain it all, just as much as you lost.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so my mom will be mad because it will drain something... how much is the question

·
Registered
156 Posts
im guessin prolly some where between a pint and a quart. but dont quote me on that. but they dont sell antifreeze in anything less than a gallon.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, i dont care about buying antifreeze but the mess id cause hahaa

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
i uhhh.... think yoiu got a problem there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts