Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the TPMS have a min pressure that it will go off at? Normally it's a comparative reading between the 4 tires, but I got a warning today and found all the tires down to 28 to 30 psi.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the TPMS have a min pressure that it will go off at?
yes

Normally it's a comparative reading between the 4 tires, but I got a warning today and found all the tires down to 28 to 30 psi.
No, it isn't relative between tires (see link above). It is allowed to be relative to the door placard.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

No, it isn't relative between tires (see link above). It is allowed to be relative to the door placard.
Ahh. Thanks for clearing that up. I did not know it was set to the door. I bought the Ford ones for my steel snow tire rims off eBay. D0 the 16", 17" and 18" have the same low setting? Or do both the 16", 17" and 18" run the same pressure?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Or do both the 16", 17" and 18" run the same pressure?
I really don't know much about how they work besides the link I posted. It's possible that the minimum pressure is set on the car side, but I don't know.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've read that the TPMS light on many cars comes on when the tire pressure is 10% lower than the door placard. For the 215/50/17 factory tires on my 2013 SE, which the placard says to inflate to 35 PSI, the light comes on at about 31 pounds, which is very close to 10%.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I've read that the TPMS light on many cars comes on when the tire pressure is 10% lower than the door placard. For the 215/50/17 factory tires on my 2013 SE, which the placard says to inflate to 35 PSI, the light comes on at about 31 pounds, which is very close to 10%.
On my 2013 SE Hatch with factory 16" alloys and Contis, the factory placard calls for 35 psi and my TPMS alerts at 30 pounds.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
On my 2013 SE Hatch with factory 16" alloys and Contis, the factory placard calls for 35 psi and my TPMS alerts at 30 pounds.
I put my tires (well, just 2) at 30psi according to my Accu-Gage for testing and verified the TPMS displayed.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
D0 the 16", 17" and 18" have the same low setting? Or do both the 16", 17" and 18" run the same pressure?
The cars which have OEM 18" wheels, Sport package Ti and all ST, the pressure is set to 39psi.
And if you put 18" wheels on with lower profile (40aspect ratio) then yes you need to be at the higher pressures, even on a SE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts