Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
i had an AEM CAI on my 2003 svt and when i had the window down i could hear it sucking air pretty good. dont know how any other's sound.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I don't know what the loudest is, but the AEM is by far the best sounding.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I don't have one but I like the Steeda SRI from what I have heard. My K&N sounds good too just not the best that I've heard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had a steeda sr with the 65mm tb and it was loud but then went turbo and go super loud.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I took the hoodliner off so that with my SRI & throttle body just sounds awesome on each shift. Very similiar to a BOV just not as loud. I think from having read the forums over the years that the AEM CAI is going to be the loudest but living in Washington I just can't run one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
my Aem CAI is very loud...when i start up u can hear it sucking in air then when u get on it whistles extremely loud and i have a high flow cat and i can hear the intake over that...also i think added a nice bit of power!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
the hia short ram sounds pretty awsome. my friends that i had FI because of the whistle it makes sucking in air at accelleration. no to mention it matches the freakin car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would say that the Focus Sport Cool-Flo is by far the loudest of the bunch! It sounds wicked awesome too.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
When i put my AEM cai on, noticed nice deeper sound when excellerating, sounds way better. can't speak for a sri though.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Not making fun, cause i spell at the third grade level....
excellerating---->accelerating lol.

WE NEDE SPEL CHEK ON THEIS FOURIMS lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like my AEM CAI!!! it has a high pitch whistle at certain rpm's and is seriously throaty at full throttle!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I don't know which one is the loudest but I can tell you that my AEM CAI sounds wicked at WOT!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Poney said:
the hia short ram sounds pretty awsome. my friends that i had FI because of the whistle it makes sucking in air at accelleration. no to mention it matches the freakin car.

"What does this do???"

"It sucks in air"

"It's definitely sucking...."

LOL

back to the subject....I plan on picking one of these up soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts