Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
current motor mods:
Borla cat back
focus sport cool-flow intake
c-f-m 67mm throttle body
diablosport tune
i have a msd colipack and wires as well as plugs, but after reading up on them in other posts, they don't seem worth it.
i also have an orp that i have yet to install

any ideas on the best header of an svt?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You cant buy a better header than stock, just wrap it. Cosworth designed it and it works very well.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Mike,
Do you have the wrap or who carries it?
Dan

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Advance Auto or Auto Zone usually carries DEI wrap. You would need one pack of 2"x50' and i use regular stainless wrom gear hose clamps instead of the expensive clamps they sell for it.

Reactions: dmeray1

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, i had a feeling that it could not be that much of a gain....i will wrap it, are there any other bolt-ons i should think of?...i don't want to go boost just yet...

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
maybe a underdrive pulley....you have them covered pretty well

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I would also wrap the ORP past the oil pan..... it'll help cut down on heat transfer to the oil (keep it somewhat cooler)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
As someone else stated, Id just leave it be. If it is indeed a Cosworth design, it will be far superior than most anything else out there. I think Cosworth knows a thing or two about engine performance.

[cool]

·
Registered
347 Posts
wrapping helps significantly, i wrapped my SVT stock headers and it keeps heat down, i can touch it if i really want to after an HR. of driving. but stick with stock like everyone else said. its your best bet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
^^^^yet again, i agree from what i have heard the money you spend on and aftermarket header doesn't even really give you a measurable amount of horse power thats how small the gain is...

Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do people usually grind off the threads for the heat shield on top of it or just wrap over or around them?

·
Registered
626 Posts
people do either... i wrapped around them.... gonna go and do it again tho and this time i will grind it off

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Sorry, there is "no" measurable gain at all. The svt header out flows everything on the market, usually by a good bit. Even the stock airbox outflows everything on the market with a stock filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you tune your car, 4to1 headers will give you better HP dynamics. 4to2to1 will intensifie torque. Upto you depending what is your drivestile

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I really doubt that the 4-1 header will do better. Even tuned. I have built the engine for "all-motor" after i pulled the Procharger off. Its been balanced, raised the compression, ported and polished head, all ARP studs, and one hell of a tune. (Thanks Wayne). There is actually a couple other "tricks", but i keep alot of these to myself. Sorry, old school thinking, cant give all your secrets away, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts