Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed companies like Steeda have great products but aren't CA legal. What about Magnaflow, Borla, FlowMaster, etc? What do some of you run?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What can you do? Can you install a flex back system? If so get a fwerks stealth system.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What can you do? Can you install a flex back system? If so get a fwerks stealth system.
To be honest, I'm not as familiar with CA law. I know there are some emissions restrictions here. I'm from NC and anything goes there. I'll check into fswerks and see what they offer. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for suggesting FSWerks. I just noticed they're local in Anaheim. That will help with buying products and having them installed. Anyone have experience with FSWerks?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the FSWerks stealth system. It is not CA legal if installed as designed. It removes the second catalytic converter (PZEV models). If you want to remain CA legal you can get the Magnaflow system which installs after the cat or have an exhaust shop fab a system for you.
Also, if you want to remain legal but want a better tone, look into the FRRP axle back system. It will save you $$$, stay legal and sound good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the FSWerks stealth system. It is not CA legal if installed as designed. It removes the second catalytic converter (PZEV models). If you want to remain CA legal you can get the Magnaflow system which installs after the cat or have an exhaust shop fab a system for you.
Also, if you want to remain legal but want a better tone, look into the FRRP axle back system. It will save you $$$, stay legal and sound good.
That is why I love hearing from others. Thank you for options I've never considered like the FRRP axle back system. You all are awesome!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I called smog shop and their computer said my mk3 has only one cat so i got the fswerks stealth. Hope i pass next month when smog is needed

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
If you are considering axle back or full cat backs I'd look into what Rebel devil customs is offering. Mike just did my exhaust and I couldn't be happier! Plus he can work with what you want to guarantee it meets all the specifications you need.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called smog shop and their computer said my mk3 has only one cat so i got the fswerks stealth. Hope i pass next month when smog is needed
Let us know how you smog goes next month. I'll be interested in knowing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are considering axle back or full cat backs I'd look into what Rebel devil customs is offering. Mike just did my exhaust and I couldn't be happier! Plus he can work with what you want to guarantee it meets all the specifications you need.
i just emailed them regarding CA legal exhaust options! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same.
Installed in my tiny ass garage. Only took about two days since I had to keep leaving for work.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Probably not. Ha, I dont need a smog yet to worry about it. I plan to sell and buy the aem one once I get some extra cash flow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts