Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight the other nite i was drivin homw from work and this celica thats in my town thats all riced out passes me on the high way. he's yellow like me. it has a big ole body kit, wing, total ricer status. all show but no go.[:D] i was riding his butt for like 5 min waiting for him to go for it. theres this long straight away for about a mile with no over passes for the CHP to hide i hear his little piss exhast drop gears so i go down into 3rd by 4th i had him. i was in 5th at like 5000rpms and was right at 120mph, and wouldnt go any faster. is this where its at??[:(] [thumb] i got 18's could this mess wit my speedometer?[?] can ya help me out

·
Registered
456 Posts
it is 108 +/- 5

You can get a chip to remove this restriction.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well then why did it say 120 then ws it my rims? no not all fors are 105 my buds stang we got up to 138 his is supposedly 150

·
Registered
510 Posts
The speedo is calabrated for 15 inch rims when you go up or down with that # it changes the geometry. I don't the know specifics but it will throw your speedo off. As far as the govener, not sure about mustang's I've had one up to 130, I was told by a ford tech about the 95/105 thing.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
with 17's on my car im almost going 2 mph faster than what my speedo says for instances if im going 35 im actually going like 37. that was cool microtonial good find : )

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My governer get's me at 108. I'm looking for a good chip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts