Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i currently have
4 infinity REF6822CF loudspeakers
2 DUAL 2200w subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd
Kenwood DDX512 touch screen deck

all installed and working wonderfully but that time of year where i have alittle extra cash has come about and i cant decide what to do next, my amp is mono so ive considered a new one but im not sure i would love to hear some ideas!
price is not a problem just performance this car is slowly turning into something competion worthy and has already won a clearity contest
however there is always room for improvement.

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
422 Posts
sound deadening...doors trunk etc

google second skin

building some dampers from mdf and putting them between the speaker and mounting sheetmetal will give you better sound as far as clarity and stuff but you may have done that already

also running the speakers off a separate 4 channel amp as opposed to the H/U

theres a lot of stuff

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a mono amp... why would you want to replace it?

I'd recommend getting an amplifier for your front speakers. Look into amps that do 100x2 or more. Also, you can deaden your doors for increased midbass, and your trunk to reduce rattles.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
maybe diff subs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive already used dampeners on the doors and trunks, ive been looking to adding a 4 channel amp to the system as well as a possible component system for the front doors and integrating the speakers there into another part of the car.
A current project has been attempting a fiberglass set up in my trunk followed with appropriate equipment. just an idea now if anyone knows of a great website for any supplies or speakers, help would be much appreciated. And thanks for the suggestions so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts