Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
flex pipe!! don't bottleneck ur exhaust, then go w/ a TB!! then ur cars breathing will be really good, after that, go w/ cams (either NA or turbo, make up ur mind now!! lol)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
160 or so new, make sure you get a 2.5 incher and not a 2.25!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
finish your exhaust off ^^ 2.5"
65mm tb

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Get the 2.5 flex then have it dynoed and show it to Tom so he can make a good tune for you.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
GET CAM GEARS!!! they were the best mod next to my header!! the car feels like a totally different animal. ALso decide if you want cams too cause if you get cam gears and then cams your going to need to swap them on the new cams its just easier to to it all at once. Oh and dyno tune those bad boys your butt dyno is far from reliable or at least mine was lol. I was way off when I finally went and had them dyno tuned I gained TQ everywhere up top down low. I think I'm putting down some good numbers ecspecialy for what I have done to it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i'd definitely get the flex, then i'd go for a TB, then cams/cam gears, then tune

·
Registered
54 Posts
just a question, why should he get a 2.5 rather then a 2.25. thats what I ordered I dunno if i should cancel?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
just a question, why should he get a 2.5 rather then a 2.25. thats what I ordered I dunno if i should cancel?
Well most people go 2.5 and higher if they're boosted but if not 2.25 will do just fine. It won't hurt to go bigger but if it isn't needed why get it? Plus it will save you a few bucks to go 2.25 instead of 2.5. But in the end it's personal preference.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
if he has obx, fs, fc or most other race headers the collecter is 2.5 in and you dnt want to bottleneck the exhaust that is the point of exhaust is to get it out fast and bottlenecking prohibits that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts