Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, last week my car started giving problems. It started hesitating/bogging but it would never stall out. I had it scanned and it gave me 4 trouble codes but I have an ORP without the MIL elimator so at least 1 trouble is associated with that maybe 2. The codes are:

P0133
O2 Sensor
CKT Slow Response
(Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0420
Catalyst Efficiency
Below Threshold
(Bank 1)

P1131
Manfacurer Contrl
Fuel Air Metering

P1132
Manfacurer Control
Fuel Air Metering

Any help is appreciated. I really need to get this fixed by the end of week so I can give my dad's truck back. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for the link

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
You definately have a bad primary O2. I just went through this a couple weeks with my hatch.[thumb]

At least thats what the p1131 & p1132 are for.

the p0420 is because you don't have a mil eliminator

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tiresmoker-- so do u think by just replacing the O2 Sensor the problem will be corrected? My buddy works at a parts store and I'm getting a new one today for free. (We're exchanging the old one as a defect)

I don't have college tomorrow so I'll be working on it tomorrow. I was thinking about putting my CAT back on just to see if the light goes off, since it doesn't always give my problems, but we'll see.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
yes, if you replace the primary O2 sensor, it should take care of the issues you are having with the bogging/stalling. If you have a way to datalog your O2 voltage you could do it just to make sure, but mymoney is on it's being bad. Just curious, how many miles do you have on the car. The O2 sensor is a wear item, usually going out around 70,000 or so, but I've seen some go sooner.

Replacing the O2 will take care of the P1131 & P1132 codes, when mine went I only had a P1131, but the car ran like crap after startup for about 10 minutes. I replaced it and cleared the code and everything runs fine now. (knocks on wood[:D] )

As for the P0420, you'll probibly have that code untill you get a mil eliminator, put a cat on, or have the second O2 turned off in a tune. That one is just saying the cat is not functioning properly, and obviously it isn't because it's gone lol.

The P0133 states it could be a deteriorating O2 sensor in the description. I don't know much about this code, it's probibly one of the only ones I never got[8D]

I'd replace the primary O2 sensor. It takes a 7/8" open ended wrench and about 5 minutes of your time. I'm not sure if the cel will clear automatically once the new sensor is in, but if it doesn't and the car runs fine you can always clear it. Good luck to ya and if you have any more questions let me know[thumb]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just to give you an update, i put the cat back on and replaced the primary O2 sensor. problem solved cel off...so i'm going to wait get the mil kit then put my cat back on.

thanks for the advice

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot to mention that my car has 67,000 miles on it

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
svtguy02 said:
so i'm going to wait get the mil kit then put my cat back on.
You mean ORP right?[;)]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
glad you got it fixed[thumb]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lildisco-- sure did...

·
Registered
64 Posts
MIL kit

svtguy02 said:
just to give you an update, i put the cat back on and replaced the primary O2 sensor. problem solved cel off...so i'm going to wait get the mil kit then put my cat back on.

thanks for the advice
Okay, newbie dumb question. What is a MIL KIT??

I'm glad you got your problem fixed.

NCFazer

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you remove your CAT the CEL comes on because the computer gets a trouble code stating the CAT is not functioning properly. The MIL KIT overrides it somehow so that your CEL stays off and your computer doesn't know that your CAT has been removed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts