Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2003 SVT and recently my check engine light came on and the car seems to feel like it's bucking back and forth when I drive it. I call ford this morning and they can't get me in. Then they ask me if I can bring it in tommorow morning problem is I have to work for 24 hours I'm a firefighter, so I ask if I get a loner car they said no my cars no longer under warranty, it has 38,000 miles on it but I have paper work for a 5 years 100,000 mile warranty. I was under the impression that because I have an SVT I get a loner car for any time I take it in. Mabey I'm just confused. Any help would be great.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The 100k mile warranty is on the drivetrain only. If its ralated to that spacifically it may be covered, they should look at it first then deciede what covered.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Yeah that's what's up with the warranty. I was under the impression the SVT loaner was only for the 3/36, but that could be wrong.

As for the service appointment, did you try calling another dealer? I mean, it's not their fault if they're packed and can't squeeze in an extra appointment needing diagnostic and all that jazz.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
that warrenty kinda ticks me off too ! My CEL came on a while back, and i have that 100k powertrain. They said they would check it out, but i had to pay like $85 bucks. If the warrenty covered it, then i got the money back. Problam was i didnt have the $85 bones at the time to see if the warrenty even covered it !!! Thank goodness for these forums !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts