·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering which is faster does anybody have the stats of both

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Depends... do you want to have your drivetrain covered under warranty or not?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
SVT is faster, Saleen is a pretty'd up ZX3 with a tiny N20 system you can't use if you like having warranty coverage. I doubt you would pull away from an SVT even using that N20 kit.

The lack of any other upgraded goodies (like suspension, brakes, tranny etc..) on the Saleen makes the car a joke unless you are just going for show. The SVT got a ton of upgrades, making it really a sports car entheusiast's package, instead of just a bottle and a body kit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aww really so verdict svt is faster the reason i asked is because i pulled beside 1 today and we were both gonna hit it right before he shot nos out the side so i backed off b/c i didnt know they had nos dammnit

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You got owned... why would you back off just cause someone purged? You either win or lose, backing out to 'save face' just makes you look worse.

Too bad I wasn't there, I'd have purged right back, just to see the guy's jaw drop...

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
^LOL......the BEST reason to have nitrous is that freakin' purge!!!! my dad used to scare the shit out of people with that......

yeah, I woulda went just to see how I did.......

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im not gonna lie if i see him again he better b ready

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
purdging is tight it scared me so i backed down

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
you can color that "purge" too [;)] make your focus bleed!

·
Registered
189 Posts
turbovation said:
Exactly how long can you make a 75 shot last? Does one bottle go after one drag race?
Oh no. You can get many passes off one 10lb. bottle with a 75 shot.

I wish my nitrous was working right now so I could purge at people again.[:D]

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
You dont even need nitrous to purge! A friend and I hooked up a canister of something to a small line that ran out by the windshield wiper on a old Caprice Classic (beater "for fun" car) and purged it by some douchebag in a honda and he flipped out and got scared. Best moment in my driving life.

·
Registered
411 Posts
sorry to sound noob, but WTf does the purge sound like? Just a semi loud hiss sound or what? I wouldn't get scared of someone who was running NOS I would just laugh at him/her saying to myself "well maybe they are faster now" Lets see how long there car lasts compared to mine. LOL

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
^ Have you ever heard air bags on a car? If not your right on how it sounds. Its a loud hissss sound and you will see what looks like steam spray out of where the nozzle is. That doesnt mean their car is fast, it could be slow as hell, but once the nitrous is used it will be faster, but only for a bit.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had fun with a saleen a couple months ago when I came off my street... looks all shiny and pretty, but couldnt keep up... dont think he was using the bottle, but still, not quick at all

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
turbovation said:
Exactly how long can you make a 75 shot last? Does one bottle go after one drag race?
using 75hp jets, I get 7 runs per bottle (if I keep the purging down to business reasons only)

I rarely get that many 1/4 mile runs in without using a bit on the street for 'testing' purposes[:p]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
CrispyBurn said:
I had fun with a saleen a couple months ago when I came off my street... looks all shiny and pretty, but couldnt keep up... dont think he was using the bottle, but still, not quick at all
And we all know.... If Dario can kill one... its damn slow!!

(Sorry Dario, I couldn't resist!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts