Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Without some form of F/I, you will not see much of an improvement with the IM alone, maybe 10hp max.

Also some have argued that you will loose lower end torque without F/I. I can confirm however that you will need a tune to prevent from running too lean.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ur sacrificing low end trq for more high end. That's pretty well known with any IM. When I think of an IM I think of vtec. No power til 5k. Wramwram wrammmmmm!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I say 5-10 whp gain but at a much higher rpm range

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
^This
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
that's like steel wool, you know, to clean while you drive!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shavings are just a poor mans bore kit. Im getting the car tuned today after work.

·
Registered
621 Posts
They are talking
About to the shaving left inside the manifold after poor machining I think? And would end up getting sucked into the engine. From what I see is the knock off takes some machining and smoothing out to get it ready ti bolt on. Hence why it's cheaper.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive already cleaned out the inside of the Im. It is rough when it arrives. Im looking to get high rev power than low end. I do LSR at Maxton Mile. So i need as much top end power as i can.

·
Registered
582 Posts
i think it will make the d23 behave a little more like the svt engine by shifting the powerband UP. what i find disappointing in the duratec is the top end at freeway speeds. these manifolds would pep that up. many look at the peak gain and say its not worth it, but if you are craving an engine that pulls hard up top for better hi speed acceleration, this is what you need. everyone knows the d23 in stock form is very torquey in the midrange, but the hp up top dont cut it. your engine WILL lose some low end torque, but overall acceleration will improve because of the newfound top end power. even if it is only 7 to 10 hp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts